File 2 (Pre-Int) Vocabulary

Complete the sentences with a suitable word.
  1. I didn't have much time for s__________ when I was in London. I just visited the British museum and saw Buckingham palace.
  2. We went s_________ yesterday. I forgot to put on cream and now I'm all red.
  3. We b_____ the flight on internet about two months ago. The tickets were really cheap.
  4. I s_____ a couple of days in the country. I needed some time to relax.
  5. Who s___ "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas"? Was it Bing Crosby?
  6. We had an a____ holiday. It rained every day, it was noisy in the hotel and we lost our luggage.
  7. Why was the boss s_______ at you? Did you arrive late again?
  8. A: What h_______ in the end? B: They discover the identity of the killer but I won't tell you who it was.
  9. What were you a______ about? You are always angry with each other.
  10. She's very sad because she b____ up with her boyfriend last week.
  11. My boss had a day off so I w___ jeans to work.
  12. We h____ a car so we could drive around the island.
  13. How often do you go a___ for the weekend?
  14. I m___ my friends and  we went for a drink.
  15. I went to class, a_______ I wasn't well.

Comments

Montse said…
Hi, Graham. I wish I have remembered all vocabulary.
1. I didn't have much time for sightseen when I was in London. I just visited the British museum and saw Buckingham palace.
2. We went sunbathed yesterday. I forgot to put on cream and now I'm all red.
3. We booked the flight on internet about two months ago. The tickets were really cheap.
4. I stayed a couple of days in the country. I needed some time to relax.
5. Who sang "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas"? Was it Bing Crosby?
6. We had an awful holiday. It rained every day, it was noisy in the hotel and we lost our luggage.
7. Why was the boss saying at you? Did you arrive late again?
8. A: What happened in the end? B: They discover the identity of the killer but I won't tell you who it was.
9. What were you arguing about? You are always angry with each other.
10. She's very sad because she broke up with her boyfriend last week.
11. My boss had a day off so I wore jeans to work.
12. We hired a car so we could drive around the island.
13. How often do you go away for the weekend?
14. I met my friends and we went for a drink.
15. I went to class, although I wasn't well.
Graham said…
Montse:

I HOPE I have remembered all THE VOCABULARY.

All fine except for:

1. sightseeing
2. went sunbathing
4. or spent a couple of days...
7. shouting at
8. or happens
Anonymous said…
Graham I did some exercises, I am "exalting" for do it, its wonderfull i didnt used before sorry, but is stupid to send you the answers because I checked your comments after.
I will not go to the lesson tomorrow, i have to do extra work with the pupils, sorry, have a nice weekend snd thanks again for the blog. BegoƱa
Graham said…
I'm glad you like it, BegoƱa. I hope your enthusiasm translates into action. lol

It's WONDERFUL I DON'T KNOW WHY I DIDN'T USE IT before - sorry, BUT IT is stupid to send you the answers...

See you on Monday.