FCE Essay Mistakes

There is a lot of room for improvement in your writing. Some of the grammatical mistakes were embarrassingly bad while some of you didn't fully answer the questions. You should study the writing reference at the back of your course books. There you can find plenty of useful language and good advice.

All is not lost. With some effort, you can improve.

Here are some mistakes from the writing tasks. Correct the sentences.
  1. I found really interesting the story of the film.
  2. Since the film starts you have to be concentrate of what is happening.
  3. It's such long time don't know each other.
  4. I had thought to be relaxed that weekend but ....
  5. I had never listened or sawn anything about these talks, for that I prefer you choose.
  6. In yours thirties is difficult to make news friends. In this years everybody are married or have his own group of friends.
  7. Although in the first time the history could be understood like stupid, you have to...
  8. One thing that you can do is looking for people that have the same hobbies that you, because this will do that it would be easy to speak about things that you have in common.
  9. Friends have to agree in some kind of issues.
  10. When you will be alone at home, you must go out to a pub.
  11. They are very busy with their jobs or they live abroad, in other country.
  12. I like so much science festival so it's a great new that we can go to one this weekend.
  13. I prefer the talk on animals. Are you agree?
  14. Do you know how much cost the ticket and at what time the festival open?
  15. I want to have the most information about this place that I can before.
  16. I would like too to learn things on the other talk.
  17. She didn't want to remind that her holidays had finished.
  18. It's not my fault. The guilty is my subconscience.
  19. I don't mind if we'll decide go to the first one.
  20. Like you know I like all things about science but if I have to choose between one of the topics that you said me in your letter.
  21. I recommend all people to see this film.
  22. I couldn't believe what I was listening.
  23. I have to go to the doctor's because I have to check my eyes.
  24. I'm wishing see you and I'm looking forward to going there.
  25. I don't have the target that this article be a best-seller.
  26. I'd like going to this meeting.
  27. ... if there are place to have lunch or we must carry the food.
  28. I've never gone to a science festival.

Comments

Natalia said…
I'm going to try to do a few:
1- I've found really interesting the plot of the film.
2- Since the beginning of the film, you have to be focused on what is happening.
3- It's been a long time since we haven't seen each other.
4- I thought to be relaxed that weekend...
5- I had never listened to or seen any of these talks, so I'd prefer you to choose.
6- At your thirties it's very dificult to make new friends. At these years, everybody is married or has his own group of friends
7- Althought at first, the story can be understood like stupid...
8- One thing that you can do is looking for people that have the same hobbies than you, because that way it would be easier to speak about things that you have in common.

I will try to continue the exercise later! There are a lot!
C U!
Natalia said…
I continue with the sentences!
9- Friends have to agree about some kind of issues.
10- Whenever you are alone at home, you must go out to a pub.
11- They are very busy with their jobs or they live abroad, in other countries.
12- I really like science festivals so it's great news that we can go to one this weekend.
13- I prefer to talk about animals. Do you agree?
14- Do you know how much the ticket costs and at what time the festival opens?
15- I want to have the highest qantity of information before going to this place.
16- I'd also like to learn about the other talks.
17- She didn't want to remember that her holidays were finished.
18- It's not my fault. I blame my subconscience.
19- I don't mind if we decide to go to the first one.
20- As you know, I like everything about science but if I have to choose between one of the topics that you told me in your letter...
21- I recommend everyone to see this film.
22- I couldn't believe what I was listening to.
23- I have to go to the doctor to because I have to get exami my eyes.
24- I am looking forward to seeing you and meeting you there.
25- I don't have any idea whether this article would be a best-seller or not.
26- I'd like to go to this meeting.
27- if there is any place to have lunch or we must carry the food.
28- I've never been to a science festival.

I hope I did it allright. There are a few that I am not sure...
See you!
Graham said…
Congratulations! You made it to the end.

Here are the answers. In nĀŗ13, I wrote "do you agree" at first, which is correct of course.

1.I found THE STORY/PLOT OF THE FILM REALLY INTERESTING.
2. FROM THE MOMENT THE FILM STARTS, you have to CONCENTRATE ON what is happening.
3.IT'S BEEN SUCH A LONG TIME SINCE WE WERE IN TOUCH.
4.I had thought THAT I'D RELAX/ ABOUT RELAXING that weekend but ....
5.I had never HEARD or SEEN anything about these talks, SO I'D PREFER you TO CHOOSE.
6. IT is difficult to make NEW friends IN YOUR THIRTIES. AT THIS AGE, EVERYBODY IS married or HAS THEIR own group of friends.
7.Although the STORY COULD SEEM stupid AT FIRST, you have to...
8.One thing that you can do is LOOK for people that have the SAME hobbies AS you, because this will MAKE IT EASIER to speak about things that you have in common.
9.Friends have to AGREE ON SOME ISSUES.
10.IF you ARE alone at home, you must go out to a pub.
11.They are very busy with their jobs or they live in ANOTHER country.
12.I REALLY like science FESTIVALS so it's GREAT NEWS that we can go to one this weekend.
13.I prefer the talk on animals. DO you AGREE?
14.Do you know how much THE TICKET COSTS and what time the festival OPENS?
15.I want to have AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE ABOUT this place before GOING.
16.I would ALSO like to FIND OUT things ABOUT the other talk.
17.She didn't want to REMEMBER that her holidays had finished.
18.It's not my fault. My subconscience IS TO BLAME.
19.I don't mind IF WE decide TO go to the first one.
20.AS you know I like EVERYTHING about science but if I have to choose between one of the topics that you TOLD me ABOUT in your letter...
21.I recommend THAT EVERYONE SEES this film.
22.I couldn't believe what I was HEARING.
23.I have to go to the doctor's because I have to GET MY EYES CHECKED.
24.I CAN'T WAIT TO see you and I'm looking forward to going there.
25.I DON'T HAVE THE OBJECTIVE that this article WILL BE a best-seller.
26.I'D LIKE TO GO to this meeting.
27.... if there ARE PLACES to have lunch or we must TAKE the food.
28.I've never BEEN to a science festival.