This is an example of a talk show - British style.
It invites members of the public to discuss their relationship or family problems in front of an audience.
Typical titles of the show are:
- My daughters won't accept their stepmother.
- We're having a baby - should we even be together?
- A one-night stand caught on CCTV? Can I trust my girlfriend?
- You don't deserve to be a dad.... our family is better off without you.
- a 20 year-old unmarried mum with 2 kids by 2 different fathers.
- a 25 year-old man who beats up his girlfriend and has a drug problem
- a man, his wife and her lesbian lover
- someone who has had a lifetime on benefits (unemployment, housing, invalidity ...whichever one they can claim)
You can watch the whole programme by following the link to parts two and three at the end of the first part.
The subtitles will make your life much easier.
What are some of the words and expressions that you have learnt from watching it?