Comment mistakes

You should try to read the comments of other students and pay attention to my corrections. You can learn from the mistakes of others.

You can also enter into conversations with other students and exchange opinions with each other.

Try to find and correct the mistakes in the following sentences, They are all from comments made this month.
  1. Our boss is really exigent. He expects us to stay behind in the office most days.
  2. I'm sorry I didn't remind your anniversary. I have been really busy and I completely forgot.
  3. Everybody know what the problem is.
  4. I hope it will be worth.
  5. A. What's the matter with him? B. He's worried to lose his job.
  6. Would you mind to close the window? It's a bit cold in here.
  7. Can you tell me what time is it?
  8. Did you get a good puntuation in the exam?
  9. I'm going to Paris next friday.
  10. Have you ever been in Berlin?
  11. A. How long are you waiting? B. at least an hour.
  12. When did you see her last time?
  13. How is the weather like in Scotland like at this time of year?
  14. If you'd be on holiday now, where would you like to go?
  15. A. Can I get your homework? B. I haven't already done it.
  16. He asked me what was the food like?
  17. I think is important for children to start learning English as early as possible.
  18. I go swimming three times a week because is good exercise.

Comments

Sir Joseph said…
Hi Graham,

1.- Our boss is really exigent. He expects us to stay behind in the office most days.
Our boss is really exigent. He hopes us to stay behind in the office most days.

2.- I´m sorry I didn´t remind your anniversary. I have been really busy and I completely forgot.
I´m sorry I didn´t remind your anniversary. I have been really busy and I forgot it completely.

3.- Everybody know what the problem is.
Everybody knows what the problem is.

4.- I hope it will be worth.
I wait it will be worth.

5.- A. What´s the matter with him? B. He´s worried to lose his job.
A. What´s the matter with him? B. He´s worried about losing his job.

6.- Would you mind to close the window? It´s a bit cold in here.
Would you mind closing the window? It´s a bit cold in here.

7.- Can you tell me what time is it?
Can you tell me what time it is?

8.- Did you get a good puntuation in the exam?
Did you get a good puntuation at the exam?

9.- I´m going to Paris next friday.


10.- Have you ever been in Berlin?
Have you ever been to Berlin?

11.- A. How long are you waiting? B. at least an hour.
A. How long are you waiting for? B. at least an hour.

12.- When did you see her last time?
When was the last time you saw her?

13.- How is the weather like in Scotland like at this time of year?
What is the weather like in Scotland like at this time of year?

14.- If you´d be on holiday now, where would you like to go?
If you were on holiday now, where would you like to go?

15.- A. Can I get your homework? B. I haven´t already done it.
A. Can I get your homework? B. I haven´t done it yet.

16.- He asked me what was the food like?
He asked me what the food was like?

17.- I think is important for children to start learning English as early as possible.
I think is important for children to start learning English as soon as possible.

18.- I go swimming three times a week because is good exercise.
I go to swim three times a week because is good exercise.

See you.
Graham said…
Good evening José,

First of all, thank you for doing this exercise - left without a comment for eleven years - it wasn't a complete waste of time creating it.

Finding mistakes in sentences without a context is challenging. Nevertheless, I am annoyed with you because of your failure to correct 17 and 18. How many times ...?!

1. Exigent exists though it is very formal and rarley used. Indeed, I thought it was Spanglish.
Our boss is really demanding. He expects us to stay behind in the office most days.

2.- I´m sorry I didn´t remember your anniversaryz. I have been really busy and I completely forgot.
See the post on renind v remember:
https://madteachergraham2.blogspot.com/2013/04/remind-v-remember.html


3. 😍


4.- I hope it will be worth it.
See the post on worth:
https://madteachergraham2.blogspot.com/2012/05/because-im-worth-it.html

and the post on expect v wait v hope v look forward to:
https://madteachergraham2.blogspot.com/2012/04/wait-v-expect-v-hope-v-look-forward-to.html


5. 😍


6. 😍


7. 😍


8. Did you get a good mark in the exam?


9.- I´m going to Paris next Friday. (Days of the week have a capital letter! Come on - you are not a millennial ;D)


10. 😍


11. A. How long have you been waiting (for)? B. At least an hour.


12. When was the last time you saw her? / When did you last see her?


13. 😍


14. 😍


15.😍


16. 😍


17.- I think it is important for children to start learning English as early/soon as possible.


18.- I go swimming three times a week because it is good exercise.