Essay Errors

Here are some sentences from your essays that contain one or more mistakes. Can you find them and correct them?
  1. I have nightmares from one month ago.
  2. I walked on the streets looking for help.
  3. It is the only one thing I can do.
  4. She decided to call to the few friends that she had.
  5. She arrived to the park and she sat down in a bank for to smell the spring.
  6. ... and only she had met three persons in six months.
  7. He was by far the worst person into the prison.
  8. ... and when the others policemen notice my escape, I'll be in other country.
  9. He screamed and screamed but nobody listened him.
  10. Some months ago an old friend rang me up. I didn't know about he for ages.
  11. ... and I met her a day after in my house.
  12. One day he told to his father that he was in love with her.
  13. Most of people who have seen it, like it.
  14. I don't like so much scary movies.
  15. In the film there are some terrified scenes.
  16. He lives every day frightened.

Comments

Miriam said…
Hi Graham¡

You don´t give up hope........

You are the hardworker¡¡¡

I think you look great in your kilt.... It´s more clair and easier to understand " You are uuuuauuuu¡¡¡¡ Isn´t it?

I hope we can be happy about our exams, because you are really exigent and we need you give us more puntuation......

These exercise about essays are very difficult, I´ll answer one or two and I´m not sure of them..

1.- I´ve had nightmares for a month

3.- It´s the only thing I can do.

10.- Some months ago, an old friend rang me up. I hadn´t known about her for ages.

11.- And I met her, a day after, at my house.

12.- One day, he told his father that he was in love with her.

I need a big rest and two points more in my exam after doing this exercise¡¡¡

C U ¡¡¡
Graham said…
Hi Miri!

It is difficult to remain hopeful. At times I despair....

...because you are really DEMANDING and we NEED YOU TO GIVE us more MARKS.

1. I'VE BEEN HAVING NIGHTMARES for a month. (the nightmares started a mmonth ago and I still have them so we use Prst Perf Cont)

10. I HADN'T HEARD FROM HER for ages.

11. ..and I met her A DAY LATER at my house. (After is always followed by a noun or a verb)

You corrected 3 and 12 well.


Thanks again for the wine. I really appreciate it.

Have a good weekend.
Miriam said…
Hi Grah¡

What was your weekend like?

The mine wasn´t bad. Thank you¡¡

Don´t despair¡¡¡¡

The wine is from everybody and We don´t need you to give more marks,because we have the maximum... Don´t we?
It was a joke......

Try to be a bit good¡¡¡

C U ¡¡¡
Graham said…
What was your weekend like?

MINE wasn´t bad.

I enjoyed a nice bottle of wine.:-)

And the exam results were generally quite good in the end.

You should be happy with yours.
Miriam said…
Hi Graham:

Have you drunk a nice bottle of wine alone? I hope you would have shared it, with a good company¡¡

I´m happy with my exam, but with my teacher..........

What could I tell you that you don´t know???

I´d like Ghana win the World Cup and Spain can be near...¡¡
I don´t know how we could eliminate to Portugal, Brasil, Germany, etc...

But I can have a dream for a time... Can´t I?

C U ¡¡¡
Lucía said…
hi! Graham,

I look forward to doing these essay errors exercises tomorrow. There are very interesting.
I think that all area all right, I have to stady them slowly.
Lucía.