Say or Tell?


Source: You Tube Key words: say prayer diana king

The moment I wake up, before I
put on my make-up
I say a little prayer for you
While combing my hair now
And wonderin' what dress to wear now
I say a little prayer for you

Forever, and ever you´ll stay in my heart
And I will love you forever and ever
We never will part and I´ll love you
Together, forever that´s how it must be
To live without you could only
mean heartbreak for me

I run for the bus dear, while
riding I think of us, dear
And say a little prayer for you
At work I just take time, and all
through my coffee break time
I say a little prayer for you

[Chorus]

My darlin' believe me, for me
there is no one but you
Please love me too
And I´m in love with you
Answer my prayer baby
Say you love me too

[Chorus]

Say or tell?

Are the following sentences right or wrong?

  1. I said her that I wasn't going.
  2. She told us don't to worry.
  3. I don't have a watch. Can you say me the time please?
  4. I have already told this.  
  5. Please tell what the answer is.
Expressions with say and tell.
  • Do you find it hard to say sorry at times?
  • When did you last tell a lie?
  • Do you always say hello to people in a lift?
  • Is it ever OK not to tell the truth?
  • In how many languages can you say "I love you"?
  • Do you always remember to say thank you?
  • What did your teachers and parents tell you off for at school?
  • Are you good at telling jokes? Why/why not?

Try to compete the lyrics to these songs too:

Comments

Marta said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Graham said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
Hi Graham, I´m Sandra
1. I said her that I wasn't going. wrong
2. She told us don't to worry. right
3. I don't have a watch. Can you say me the time please? wrong
4. I have already told this. wrong
5. Please tell what the answer is. wrong
Graham said…
Hi Sandra,

The five sentences are all wrong.

1. I told her that I wasn't going.
2. She told us not to worry.
3. I don't have a watch. Can you tell me the time please?
4. I have already said this.
5. Please tell me what the answer is.

It'll all become clear in our next class.