Module 5 vocab

Complete the following sentences with a word in the correct form. All are taken from module 5.
  1. I can't c___ w___ all this stress. I need a break.
  2. Where do you find the s______ to do everything? I am always exhausted by the end of the day.
  3. The soldier was p______ by his commander for showing great courage.
  4. I have a lot of expenses - all the bills, the mortgage, the children's school f___ etc
  5. I sometimes go r_____ on the lake when I go to Retiro Park.
  6. I thought he gave an o__________ performance in that role. You really should go and see the film.
  7. You should s__ a better e_____ to the children. Otherwise they will think that kind of behaviour is acceptable.
  8. Millions have been r_____ to help people affected by the disaster.
  9. I don't know him well at all. We aren't even on f____ n___ t____.
  10. The company has a higher t______ compared to last year.
  11. I hate doing the h________ c_____, especially cleaning the bathroom.
  12. My husband is t_______ me to a weekend away.
  13. How do you manage to j_____ being a mother and having such a stressful job?
  14. Real Madrid were b_____ one-nil in their last encounter.

Comments

Miriam said…
13.How do you manage to join being a mother and having such a stessful job?

14. Real Madrid were bated one-nil in their last encounter.

I´ve lost the first 12 sentences after writing here.

I can´t repit them.

See you later
Graham said…
Hi Miriam!

You are not having much luck writing comments. It happens to me too at times and it's really annoying.

Maybe you should open a word document and write your comment there first. Then paste it here and send.

This must have been a difficult exercise for you - it is really for a level higher than yours. You can find other Int exercises that haven't been done yet.

no 13 = juggle no 14 = beaten

better luck next time :-)

See you shortly.
Miriam said…
Yes, It has been very difficult,but I wanted to know the answers.

I put only the words, OK?

1.continue with

2.skill

3.promoted

4.f

5.rowing

6.own

7. show

8.ran

9. f n t

10.takeover

11. House cleaning

12. Taking

Thanks,I hope these don´t lose.
Graham said…
I'LL JUST PUT the words, OK?

Don't worry, they didn't get lost!

1. COPE WITH (a problem) - to deal with a difficult situation successfully

2. STAMINA = energy but strength could fit here too

3. PRAISED = congratulated on a job well done. But I suppose promoted could fit too.

4. FEES = money you have to pay for a service

5. ROWING :-)

6. OUTSTANDING = excellent

7. SET AN EXAMPLE = demonstrate how you should behave

8. RAISE (MONEY) = to help collect money for a charity

9. ON FIRST NAME TERMS = you know someone well, you can call them by their first name

10. TURNOVER = the amount of business that a company does takeover = to take control of responsibilities or a company

11. HOUSE CHORES = housework

12. TREATING = to pay for something "special" or "nice" for someone

These are all the words that another class have studied so don't be too disappointed.
Miriam said…
Thank you Graham.

I learn from my wrongs and I´ve learnt a lot in this exercise.

I´d seen these words in your blog before,but I didn´t remember them.

Have a good day and a better week¡
Graham said…
You learn from your MISTAKES.

Wrong is an adjective. eg I gave the wrong answer.

I made a mistake too! :$

Nº 11 should be HOUSEHOLD CHORES.