Module 3 Vocab


Complete the following sentences with a word in the correct form.
  1. She is only a b__ older than me. I was born in October and she was born in May of the same year.
  2. I think the standard of l_____ is better but the cost of l_____ is about the same.
  3. Niagra is probably the most famous w________ in the world.
  4. I'm not keen on the beaches in the Canary islands because the s___ is black.
  5. Las Vegas is the g_______ capital of the US.
  6. I'd like to live in the countryside because the pace of life in the city is too f______.
  7. I prefer going to the beach in September because it is too c______ in August. More people are on holiday in August.
  8. Madrid has a lot of p________ because of the amount of traffic.
  9. It's an amazing film - it's really w____ seeing.
  10. Badajoz is near the b_____ with Portugal.
  11. Houses in the outskirts are a lot l___ expensive than in the centre.
  12. Scotland is famous for its wonderful s______.
  13. There is a spectacular v___ of the coastline from the top of the cliff.
  14. History was my w____ subject at school. I failed all the exams.

Comments

Mercedes Pastor said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Graham said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mercedes Pastor said…
Hi Graham!
I’m not on your mailing list, and I don’t automatically get an e-mail whenever there are new posts in the blog. I look everyday if you publish new posts in the blog and I do the exercises that I see in it. You have posted this exercise in the blog yesterday.
Sorry if I am doing something wrong. I only want to learn a little bit of English.
See you next week. Have a nice weekend.
Miriam said…
Hi Graham:

How are you?

I´m trying to write here a long time.

I hope I´ll get it because I´m tired to do the same.

I wanted to ask some questions,but I´ll wait to be sure I can get it.
Graham said…
Hi Mercedes!

Don't worry; you aren't doing anything wrong. Quite the contrary. It's great to see you participating in the blog. I am sure it will be of help.

Remember you don't have to write comments in just the most recent posts. You can also leave comments in older ones - look under the archive and labels section (left hand side).

On Monday I am going to show everyone how to use the blog.

See you then. Have a good weekend.
Graham said…
Hi Miriam

I understand how frustrating it is. I remember when I first took up blogging. I made a lot of mistakes and spent a lot of time on things that now don't take so long.

Your comment doesn't appear automatically; you have to wait until I publish it. I have total control over who can leave a comment here. :-)

I will write you a mail with the instructions on how to use the blog.

It will be easier next time, I promise.



I HAVE BEEN TRYING to write here a long time.

...because I´m tired OF DOING the same.


See you next week.
Miriam said…
Thank you very much for everything.

If I can,I´ll do some exercise, but it´s a hardwork writing here.

Thanks for your enormous patience¡¡
Hilde said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Graham said…
Hi Hilde,

The 3 "mistakes" that you found were right. :-)

Keep up the good work!