6 Minute English - New Year Resolutions


You should explore the BBC Learning English page. It contains lots of useful things to do.

In the 6 minute English section you can listen to topical programmes. There is a question to answer and a list of vocabulary. You can read the script of the programme as you listen too. 

Why not start with the programme on New Year's resolutions?

Have you broken your resolutions yet? Have you made any plans for 2010?

Looking back at my 2009 resolutions, I think I didn't do too badly.

Comments

Lola Martin said…
Hi Graham! I,read your resolutions, or as you say "good intentions" I don´t really know if you have done or not, but i´m sure taht you´ve done. If you want a new cooking idea, I think I cook quite well ;) I like do new kind of foods, but I don´t usually taste it... I will go trouhg your blog every day, it´s one of my main resolutions :)
Graham said…
I read your resolutions, or as you say "good intentions". I don´t really know if you have KEPT TO THEM or not, but I´m sure that you HAVE.

If you want a new cooking idea, I think I cook quite well ;) I LIKE TRYING OUT new KINDS of RECIPES, but I don´t usually taste THEM... I will go THROUGH your blog every day, it´s one of my main resolutions :)


I have started on soups this year. Before you say it, I know they are very simple to make or at least, should be. I tried making a lentil, tomato and orange soup which turned out to be more of a purée. Still, it tasted OK.
Anonymous said…
Ok, Graham. It´s Nuria. I read your post and I listened to the programme of BBC. It´s a good way of doing listenings. Thanks
Graham said…
Hi Nuria,

6 minute English can boost your confidence as they talk so slowly and clearly.

Try other listenings from the BBC - like The Flatmates or Words in the News. You might find them more challenging.