If I were a boy

Great song to practise Second Conditional:


Source: You Tube (TheJustKiddy) Key Words: Beyonce were boy

Some more examples with words and expressions from the song:

I woke up late. I had a quick shower, threw on some clothes and ran to work.

The policeman chased after the thief but he managed to escape.

He doesn't let anyone criticise his girlfriend. He always sticks up for her.

I don't know the answer, I swear. If I knew it, I'd tell you.

Idioms:

I used to take my parents for granted when I was younger. I appreciate them more now.

I think you expect too much from me. Don't take me for granted.

He took his position in the company for granted. Now that others are losing their jobs, he realises how luck he is.


Ok the next clip isn't exactly Beyonce and neither is it in English but it's funny nevertheless.



Source: You Tube (RTVE) Key Words: Mota Single Lady

Comments

cristina said…
ja ja Blasa is the best!
Estela said…
Hi Graham:

Jajaja. I have understand every single word in this video clip.
See you tomorrow.
Estela said…
Graham:

Talking about the original version, I am wondering if it´s grammatically correct writting words like "Sleeping" and "Waiting" without "G" at the end. Is it not necessary to use it?
Graham said…
Maybe you could translate on or two words for me :-)

No, it's never grammatically correct to drop the "g". Not advisable to do it!
Carol said…
Hi Graham,
I love Jose Mota!!!I don´t know what happen with this song buy I have already seen some different versions of this and they are wonderful!!The more curious thing is that all these versions are made for men so It´s the funniest thing that I´ve never seen before.
Graham said…
Hi Carol!

I don't understand everything but even I can find Blasa funny. I've just watched Blasa does Chenoa - as funny as the Beyonce one.

!!!I don�t know what HAPPENED with this song (what do you mean?) but I have already seen some different versions of this and they are wonderful!!The FUNNY thing is that all these versions are made BY MEN (or do you mean not for women's eyes?) so it�s the funniest thing that I�VE EVER SEEN.

See you tomorrow!
Marta said…
I didn't like José Mota very much but when I saw this video on Christmas I changed my mind, it's very funny. What haven't you understood? I can try to translate it.