Vocabulary Review - Int 1
Complete the words. Be careful to put the verbs into their correct form.
- I have a_______ a meeting with Mr. Matheson for tomorrow at 9am.
- I t___ _____ my father. I'm talkative and sociable - just like him. My mother is more reserved.
- I like to keep u_-__-____ with the news. I buy a newspaper every day and I listen to the headlines every morning.
- The b______ broke into the house during the night as they slept.
- It isn't necessary to wear a tie but you should dress s______.
- I'm sorry. I can't wait. I'm in a h____.
- It was a normal day in the town. All of a s_____, there was a loud explosion. People started running in all directions.
- It was an accident - honest. I never did it on p______.
- I'll have to take the car to work tomorrow because the train drivers are on s_____.
- I find him really annoying. He's always m______. He's never happy with anything.
- I am really l______ _______ to going away this weekend. I haven't been out of Madrid for ages.
- A: Can I have a read of your newspaper? B: Sure. G_ _____.
- I used to like that TV presenter but I've g___ ___ him recently. I don't know why exactly.
- I didn't see the bag on the floor and I t______ over it in front of everyone. It was so embarrassing.
- The man was found guilty and s________ to 3 years in prison.
- The security guard c_____ the thief down the street but he was unable to catch him.
- A: That was the last bus. B: You're k______ me, right? There must be another one.
- A: How did the exam go? B: It was a p____ __ ____. I got 95% in the end.
- We should leave early tomorrow. There's l_____ to be a lot of traffic as it's a long weekend.
- Facebook makes it easier for people to k___ __ _____ even when they live on the other side of the world.
- We've r__ ___ __ milk. Can you get some when you are at the supermarket?
- The actress t_________ to go the newspapers with the story about their affair so he gave her money to keep quiet.
- Can you k____ __ ___ on my bag while I go to the bathroom?
- I'm going to a____ ___ that job that my brother told me about. It sounds interesting.