Module 2 Vocab

Complete the following sentences with a word in the correct form. All are taken from module 2.
  1. I thought it was a d............ film. It had great reviews but I wasn't so impressed.
  2. I try to e........ my students to study as much as they can and d......... them from speaking Spanish in class.
  3. Calm down, p... yourself t....... and tell me what's happened.
  4. Drinking coffee after 6 will k... you a.... at night.
  5. Bill Gates is one of the w......... men in the world.
  6. He is d........ to find a better job. He has sent his CV to hundreds of companies and is trying to improve his language and computing skills.
  7. He was given a l... s....... for the horrendous crimes he committed.
  8. How do you c... with the stress? Do you have time to relax?
  9. I think he is o...-c........ He thinks he will pass the interview without any problems but I am not so sure.
  10. I find it really a....... when people don't call to tell you that they are arriving late.
  11. I was h....... at maths at school but I was quite good at science.
  12. There is no p.... in worrying about it now. You can't do anything to resolve the situation.
  13. He had the t... of his l... when he went on a round the world trip for a year.
  14. I don't give money to b...... on the street. I prefer to give them clothes.

Comments

Unknown said…
only a bit:

1.
2.enforce /
3.put yourself together
4.
5.wealthy
6.
7.
8.
9.over-confident
10.annoying
11.
12. point
13. time / life
14. beggers
Graham said…
Hi Joaquin!

A bit is better than nothing. And I am sure with a little more effort you will find the solutions. Just review your vocabulary notes or look through Module 2 exercises.

1. This is an adjective to describe something you expected to be better - film, city which you are visiting, exam results ....

2.This is a verb which means to talk in a way that gives someone the confidence to do something. And the next verb is the opposite of the first.

(See the exercises on prefixes and suffixes for the above two)

3.p... yourself together (see(un)sympathetic expressions)

4. Will you be able to sleep if you drink coffee in the evening?

5. Remember to put the words into the correct form - one of the WEALTHIEST

6. This is an adjective to describe a person who does whatever they can to achieve something.

7. This means you go to prison for a very long time.

8. This is a verb which means to manage a difficult situation.

9.over-confident

10.annoying

11. This is an adjective which means you are really bad at something.

12. no point in worrying

13. the time of your life

14. beggars
(careful with your spelling - you are almost as bad as me!)
beatrizbaon said…
I thought it was a disaponted film. It had great reviews but I wasn't so impressed.
I try to encourage my students to study as much as they can and discourage them from speaking Spanish in class.
Calm down, pull yourself together and tell me what's happened.
Drinking coffee after 6 will keep you awake at night.
Bill Gates is one of the wealthiest men in the world.
He is determined to find a better job. He has sent his CV to hundreds of companies and is trying to improve his language and computing skills.
He was given a life sentence for the horrendous crimes he committed.
How do you put with the stress? Do you have time to relax?
I think he is over-confident He thinks he will pass the interview without any problems but I am not so sure.
I find it really annoing when people don't call to tell you that they are arriving late.
I was hopeless at maths at school but I was quite good at science.
There is no point in worrying about it now. You can't do anything to resolve the situation.
He had the time of his life when he went on a round the world trip for a year.
I don't give money to bbeggers on the street. I prefer to give them clothes.
Graham said…
Remember the difference between -ed and -ing adjectives. You are disappointed because something is disappointing.
´
-ed is a feeling and -ing is the cause.

For the answers to all the sentences, see above.