2013 Review of Spanish news (July - Sept)

Read some of these news stories. In your comments, tell me the new expressions that you have discovered.

Which of these stories interested you most?



Spain's Mariano Rajoy "implicated after publication of slush fund documents"

Spain's Mariano Rajoy refuses to step down

Madrid declares war on plague of raccoon and parrot invaders

Spanish train crash: 78 killed and 130 injured in derailment

Spain considers Gibraltar border fee

Royal Navy warships to visit Gibraltar amid diplomatic row

"Monkey Christ" painter stages exhibition

Gareth Bale joins Real Madrid for a world record fee of £86m

Catalans form human chain for independence from Spain

Lost Spanish ticket handed in to clear conscience

Analysis of Botella's speech


Comments

Montse said…
Hi, again, Graham.

I think we should change the clock to bring Spain into line with the rest of Europe but I don’t think that it changed our habits. I have friends in Canary Islands and they behave in the same way as us.
On the one hand, I think it would be more healthy if we could had lunch earlier and we slept more time but, on the other hand, I wouldn’t like that Spain became in a sad country like the most European’s ones where there is nobody in the streets at eight in the evening.
Graham said…
Montse,

I agree. I doubt a change of lifestyle would come along with a move to a different time-zone.


I think we should change the clock to bring Spain into line with the rest of Europe but I don’t think that it would change our habits. I have friends in the Canary Islands and they behave the same way as us.

On the one hand, I think it would be healthier if we could have lunch earlier and we slept longer but, on the other hand, I wouldn’t like Spain to become a sad country like most European ones where there is nobody in the streets at eight in the evening.