Go vegetarian to live longer

Vegetarian diet could cut early death risk


A vegetarian diet could be the key to living a longer and healthier life, according to new research


Experts claim that cutting meat from the daily intake may be all that is needed to slash the risk of heart disease and early death.

A study showed that vegetarians were less likely to have died than meat-eaters when checked several years later. The latest research analysing the lives of more than 70,000 people revealed that those who shun meat and fish completely had the best lifespan benefits.

 
 
 
 
Vocabulary:

according to -

intake (n) -

to slash -

a disease -

likely -

latest -

to shun -

lifespan -

death rate -

a peer -

to lead (led, led) -

to tend to -

on average -

overall -

a pattern -

to lower / lower(comparative) -




Do you eat enough fruit and veg?

What's your favourite vegetarian dish?

What do you think you should you eat more of and what should you cut down on?



Comments

Anonymous said…

Hi Graham, it´s Patricia, it´s okey the article but I not agree with them, I think that fish is necesary but also the meat is good for health so I don´t think that the reason about people die is because they eat most meat than vegetarians person.

I always eat fruit after eating but I think I should eat more fruit and vegetables than meat.
Graham said…
Hi Patricia,

I gave up eating meat more than three years ago. It's the best decision I have ever made.

I didn't do it for health reasons. It's just that I had always felt guilty that animals should die to provide us with food.

Even if they discovered tomorrow that you live longer by eating meat, there would be no turning back.


The article is okay but I don't agree with it, I think that fish is necessary but also is good for your health so I don´t think that the reason why people die is because they eat most meat than vegetarians.



Apparently, you shouldn't eat fruit immediately after meals. You should have it as a snack.

Eating a balanced, healthy diet is really complicated.