Intermediate 1 (Part 3)
Complete the following sentences with suitable words:
- Why do you want to visit there? It's such a d_ _ _. It must be one of the ugliest towns in the country.
- I think Italy has the lowest birth r _ _ _ in the whole of Europe. So many parents just have one child.
- Rich? They are one of the w_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ families in Madrid. They own properties all over Spain.
- I doubt that was a very w_ _ _ decision. I think he risks losing all his money.
- Most footballers aren't good r _ _ _ m_ _ _ _ _ for children though sport stars are usually a good example for them.
- You should get r _ _ of these clothes if you never wear them.
- I wish you wouldn't be so m _ _ _ _. Go and tidy up your room.
- I got these shoes for half price. Did you find any b_ _ _ _ _ _ _ in the sale?
- She is English but she was b_ _ _ _ _ _ up in France. She went back to England as an adult.
- Someone must have seen the accident but the police can find no w _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
- We should clear out the attic. It's full of j _ _ _ - half of the stuff can be thrown away.
- How could you have lost your b _ _ _ _ _ _ _ p _ _ _? They won't let you on the plane without it.