Module 7 Vocab

Complete the following sentences with a word in the correct form. All are taken from module 7.
  1. I didn't take my umbrella and I g__ s_____.
  2. The audience started c_______ when the conductor walked onto the stage.
  3. I c______ so much during the match that I could hardly speak the next day.
  4. I was feeling a bit sad so I t______ myself to a new pair of shoes.
  5. Blue cheese has such a p______ smell that I can't eat it.
  6. He got a fine for driving too slow in the fast l___.
  7. I can't be b_______ to cook tonight. I'll just put something in the microwave.
  8. I am so c_____ - I'm always dropping, spilling or breaking things.
  9. I t___ a____ my father in terms of his temper.
  10. We are absolutely s_______. What is there to eat?
  11. What an u______ ridiculous thing to say. He should apologise.
  12. The neighbours hung b______ out of their window which read "No to noisy streets!"
  13. He never forgot his h_____ beginnings even after he achieved wealth and fame.
  14. I can't eat brussel sprouts. They don't a____ with me.
  15. Don't worry. It's h______; perfectly safe to eat.

Comments

Marta said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Graham said…
I only see two problems:

3. I CHEERED so much during the match that I could hardly speak the next day. "Cry" can mean to shout but only in English for novels. In the everyday sense, it means to shed a tear.

4. I was feeling a bit sad so I TREATED myself to a new pair of shoes.
"Treat" means to do something special for someone. (n/v)
eg.
He treated his wife to a weekend in Paris.
She bought the little boy a bag of his favourite sweets as a treat.