CAE formal letter - (Wise Owls group)
Here are some sentences from the formal letters that you wrote for homework. Can you spot the mistakes? Is the register formal enough? Make any appropriate improvements.
- In addition, he was the responsible of the trainees.
- He has a deep experience in teaching.
- When it comes to teach young people, he manages to keep students motivated.
- Furthermore. he is a really good public speaker.
- She uses to spend a month each year in an English speaking country.
- That's one aspect that I think it would be recommendable to take into account.
- I have known Sergio for eight years, more or less.
- I think that students will not get bored in his classes, it is more, they will find them very enjoyable.
- In my personal opinion, he is a very close person.
- This openness to new places and cultures might come very useful.
- He is a self-reliant character who is used to face multiple challenges.
- ... so he would be capable to control different groups of children.
- ...so I consider I know her pretty well.
- Whatever the child wants, she makes any effort to satisfy their wishes.
Take a look at this collocation dictionary and thesaurus. You will find them useful for your future writing tasks.
Check out the links in Flo Joe's Writing Class.