CAE formal letter - (LOL group)
Here are some sentences from the formal letters that you wrote for homework. Can you spot the mistakes? Is the vocabulary formal enough? Make any appropriate improvements.
- He has asked me to write a recommendation's letter.
- I have known Mateo since ten years old when he began to work at Pullmantur as holiday representative.
- He was the responsable of hotels and clients in Asia.
- ... which I consider very important, specially when dealing with large groups.
- To finish, I just would like to add that Andrés is eloquent and charismatic.
- When it comes to deal with teenagers, he is supportive and empathetic.
- She is extremely used to be in touch with her pupils.
- She showed good skills for languages like French and English.
- She always has been good considered by her classmates.
- I am sure that she will make an excellent work.
- I know her for ages.
- She has a friendly character which makes her get on with people.
- Along these years she has developed many social skill as good planning and organizing.
- She knows already the British culture as well as the city of London.
- She is thinking to become primary school teacher.
- Although she has a lot of imagination and she always has very good ideas so if appear some trouble she will find the right solution.
Take a look at this collocation dictionary and thesaurus. You will find them useful for your future writing tasks.
Check out the links in Flo Joe's Writing Class.