Get busy before you start work

14 things successful people do before breakfast


Do you do 14 things before work? This report from the World Economic Forum spells out how to make the most of your mornings


Many people think that squeezing in breakfast before work is a feat in itself. However, research from the World Economic Forum states that successful people make the most of their mornings.

They have released a list of 14 things that successful people do in the mornings before the first meal of the day.
 
It includes exercising, spending quality time with the family, networking over coffee and working on a personal-passion project.
 
 
 
 
Vocabulary:
 
to spell out -

to make the most of stg -

to squeeze in -

a feat in itself -

to state -

to release (a list, a report) -

to eke out (a life) -

to embrace -

to set aside -

to invest in stg -

to rush -

to back sb/stg up -

a finding -

willpower (n) -

overuse (n) -

to keep up with stg/sb -

to fall flat (a plan) -

rest assured -

to munch -

to kickstart stg -

beyond the fact -

to run out of stg (time, money) -

a workout -

to counteract -

a spouse -

big-picture (adj) -

to set a trajectory -

to get round to doing stg -

let alone -

to lead up to stg -



 
How many of the 14 are you able to do first thing?
 
 
Here  are some of the ideas explained in more detail.                       Source: businessinsider.com
 
 
 

Comments

José said…
Hi Graham,
Ms. Helena Horton must know that the first thing that I do after I go up is eat anything. I can't move without eat anyting. After it I begin the day and then, my activity depends on if it's the working day or not.
Generally speaking, I don't do all 14 things that normal people do before breakfast, I do following things:
1. Wake up early. Yes, but before 7 am.
2. Drink water intead of coffee. Neither water nor coffee.
3. Exercise. I go walking to the work and by underground.
4. Work a top-priority business proyect. No I don't like business.
5. Work on a personal-passion proyect. Yes, my hobby.
6. Invest in family time. Now no.
7. Connect with spouses. No, I'm monogamist.
8. Make your bed. No.
9. Network over coffee. Before the breadfast no.
10.Meditate to clear your mind. Yes.
11.Write down things you're grateful for. Yes.
12.Plan and strategise for the day ahead. Yes.
13.Ckeck your email. No.
14.Read the news. No.
In my opinión I don't be among successful people.

See you.
Graham said…
Hi José,

I'm like you - I can't function until I have my breakfast. And by breakfast, I mean more than a coffee. It's the same every day. I stumble around the kitchen wondering what to make and then once ready, I take it back to bed. I have breakfast in bed watching the news. And then, I hurry off to work.

I usually walk to work. It takes me about 25 minutes.


Hi Graham,
Ms. Helena Horton must know that the first thing that I do after I get up is eat something. I can't move without eating something. After that, I begin the day and then, my activity depends on if it's a working day or not.
Generally speaking, I don't do all 14 things that normal people do before breakfast, I do the following things:

3. Exercise. I go walking to work or by underground.
4. Work on a top-priority business proyect. No I don't like business.
7. Connect with spouses. No, I'm a monogamist.
9. Network over coffee. Not before breakfast.

In my opinion, I am not among the successful people.


And if that what it takes to be successful, I won't even try.