Pasapalabra - character adjectives

Translate the following character adjectives and complete the sentences with one from the list. Then write some sentences of your own that demonstrate the meaning.


a _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ - cariñoso

b _ _ _ _ _ - listo

c _ _ _ _ _ - torpe

d _ _ _ - soso

e _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ - despreocupado / relajado

f _ _ _ _ - quisquilloso / exigente

g _ _ _ _ _ - gruñon

h _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _ _ - trabajador

i _ _ _ _ _ _ _ - maleducado

j _ _ _ _ _ _ - envidioso

k _ _ _ - amable

l _ _ _ _ _ _ _ - agradable

m _ _ _ _ - de humor variable

n _ _ _ _ _ _ - travieso

o _ _ _ _ _ _ _ - extrovertido

p _ _ _ _ - orgulloso

q _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ - temperamental

r _ _ _ _ _ _ _ - fiable

s _ _ _ _ _ _ _ - testarudo

t _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ - considerado

u _ _ _ _ _ - desordenado

v _ _ _ - presumido

w _ _ _ - sabio

_ _ _ _x _ _ _ _ - insoportable

_ _ _ _ _ y - tacaño

_ _ z _ - vago


  1. I'm so ______ . I'm always dropping and breaking things.
  2. He's a ________ guy. If he says he'll do something, you can be sure he'll do it.
  3. I'm really ______ first thing in the morning. I prefer not to speak to anyone until I have my cup of coffee.
  4. You're just _______ that you are not going on holiday too.
  5. She is such a _____ eater. I never know what to cook for her.
  6. My colleague is such a ____ speaker. I'm sure many in the audience fell asleep during his last speech.
  7. He's very ____ about his appearance. He can't pass his reflection without making sure his hair is right.
  8. I've never known anyone so ______. He won't part with a penny.
  9. He's a very ______ boy. He has good marks in all his subjects.
  10. The boys and girls are generally well-behaved. If anyone is _______, it'll probably be Juanito.



Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Graham,

I've read the exercise. I've looked up some words in the dictionary, but I haven,t found them. :-< (I'm be afraid that my dictionary isn´t so good)
Hilde
Graham said…
Hi Hilde!

I would hope that you know some of the adjectives already.

What I would do is put the word that you have found into thesaurus.com You should get the answer there.

Anonymous said…
Hi Graham,
I`ve done the exercise, although I haven`t found two adjectives.

a ffectionate - cariñoso

b right - listo

c lumsy - torpe

d ull - soso

easy - going - despreocupado / relajado

f ussy - quisquilloso / exigente

grumpy - gruñon

h ard - working - trabajador

i nsolent - maleducado

j ealous - envidioso

k ind_ - amable

l ikeable - agradable

moody - de humor variable

n aughty - travieso

o utgoing - extrovertido

p roud - orgulloso

q _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ - temperamental

r eliable - fiable

s tubborn - testarudo

t houghtful - considerado

u ntidy - desordenado

v ain - presumido

w ise - sabio

_ _ _ _x _ _ _ _ - insoportable

sting y - tacaño

la z y - vago



1. I'm so clumsy. I'm always dropping and breaking things.
2. He's a reliable guy. If he says he'll do something, you can be sure he'll do it.
3. I'm really grumpy first thing in the morning. I prefer not to speak to anyone until I have my cup of coffee.
4. You're just lazy that you are not going on holiday too.
5. She is such a fussy eater. I never know what to cook for her.
6. My colleague is such a dull speaker. I'm sure many in the audience fell asleep during his last speech.
7. He's very vain about his appearance. He can't pass his reflection without making sure his hair is right.
8. I've never known anyone so stingy. He won't part with a penny.
9. He's a very hard-working boy. He has good marks in all his subjects.
10. The boys and girls are generally well-behaved. If anyone is naughty, it'll probably be Juanito.

Teresa.
Graham said…
Hi Teresa!

I'm glad to see you making use of the blog.

Remember to use the labels to see posts from the past. Also, keep me informed about the links that you explore and any exercises that you do.

I was thinking of "impolite" for "maleducado".

The two that you didn't get were "quick-tempered" and "obnoxious".

All the others were right.



In the exercise, I was thinking of "bright" for Nº9


See you on Thursday!
Laura Grande said…
Hi Graham, I can´t find "r", "v" and "x" words.
affectionate
bright
clumsy
dull
easy-going
fussy
grumpy
hard-working
ill-bred
jealous
kind
likeable
moody
naughty
outgoing
proud
¿r?
stubborn
thoughful
untidy
¿v?
wise
¿x?
stingy
lazy
Graham said…
Laura,

R - reliable

V - vain

X - obnoxious

All the others are fine except for I.

Ill-bred is a very old-fashioned term. Impolite was the adjective I was thinking of.

Vanessa said…
Hi Graham! I found this exercise, it`s very interesting for to learn adjectives.

Affectionate
Bright
Clumsy
Dull
E?
Fussy
Grumpy
Hard-working
Impolite
Jealous
Kind
Likable
Moody
Naughty
Outgoing
Proud
Q?
Reliable
Stubborn
Thoughtful
Untidy
Vain
Wise
---x----?
Stingy
Lazy


1. Clumsy
2. Reliable
3. Grumpy
4. Lazy
5. Fussy
6. Dull
7. Vain
8. Stingy
9. Bright
10. Naughty

Graham said…
Hi Vanessa,

I'm sure there are a number of new words for you in this list.


It`s very useful for learning adjectives.

e - easy-going (someone who is relaxed about things)

l - likeable

q - quick-tempered (someone who gets angry easily)

x - obnoxious (someone who is very unpleasant in their manner)


4. You're just jealous that you are not going on holiday too.


Well done!