The wedding of the year

Spain's Duchess of Alba remarries at 85 in Seville


The Duchess of Alba, one of Spain's richest and most flamboyant women, has got married again at the age of 85 to a civil servant 24 years her junior.

The aristocrat married Alfonso Diez Carabantes at a palace in Seville, emerging to throw her wedding bouquet into the crowd and dance flamenco.


Source: BBC News

Vocabulary:

superar:

según:

la multitud:

una faja:

calcular:

riqueza:

un invitado:

la novia:

una boda:

extravagante:

valer:

hasta (un número):

enviudada:

enfrentarse a:

difícil:

dar un paso atrás:

disipar:

renunciar a:

según se informa:

no tener nada que ver con algo:

con tal de que / siempre que:


Duchess of Alba marries toyboy  (Daily Mail)


Duchess of Alba wedding - 10 must know facts  (Telegraph)


What is your opinion about the marriage?

Do you think they married for love?

Do you know any other "oldies" who have got married?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Graham:

I´m José from Ministry. I am reading your blog. I have content for long time. My opinion about the marriage the Duchess of Alba to the civil servant Alfonso Diez Carabantes is that everyone can do what each likes. I respect them, even I don´t mind because everybody is a world and has reasons and circumstances that we unknown its. Personality I think that the best important is that everyone does what likes always doesn ´t upset to the other people.

Nevertheless, it ´s strange phenomenon that a woman, at the age of 85, has had a loving relationship with a man, 24 year younger than her.

See you soon.

José.

jg.olmo@icam.es
Graham said…
Hi José!

How are things? Have you finished all the "Casa Mira turron" yet?

I have had a nice break from internet - I was expecting to return to find A LOAD OF posts from you. So I suppose you decided to have a break too.

Anyway, it's back to work now...


IT'S José from THE Ministry. I am reading your blog. THERE IS ENOUGH TO KEEP ME GOING for A LONG TIME. My opinion about the marriage the Duchess of Alba to the civil servant Alfonso Diez Carabantes is that everyone IS FREE TO DO WHAT HE OR SHE WANTS. I respect them, even I don´t mind because everybody is a world and has reasons and circumstances that ARE UNKNOWN TO US. PERSONALLY I think that the MOST IMPORTANT THING IS that everyone CAN DO WHAT THEY LIKE AS LONG AS THEY DON'T upset/BOTHER other people.

Nevertheless, it ´s A strange phenomenon that a woman, at the age of 85, has had a loving relationship with a man, 24 YEARS younger than her.


I just hope that you read this reply. It's important to see your mistakes and learn from them.

See you next week. I'M NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO 8 o'clock lessons though :D