What a surprise - Beckhams give daughter unusual name

David Beckham has posted a video on Facebook in which he describes his joy at the arrival of his first daughter with wife Victoria.

The couple has called the baby Harper Seven.

Click here to continue reading article and watch video of Beckham.

Source: Sky News



Vocabulary:

(adj) be very much in love with stg or sb - s______

a expression often used by parents to refer to their baby - a b_____ of j__

to fail to satisfy - d_________

the most important (adj) - m___

an object that creates a feeling of admiration - a w_____

a zebra is a black and white s______ animal (adj)

to e_______ - to print or decorate sth in a noticeable way

oldest child in a family (adj) - e_____

the characteristic speech of a region - a t____



Grammar Point:

"You have to be more delicate with girls than boys and I am not used to that."

The above structure: to be (not) used to + noun / verbING ...

... is used to show that you are accustomed to stg / doing stg


Read and do activities from previous posts on be/get used to.

Read about Laurel-Ann Hardie who recently became a trending topic on Twitter.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi! I write you my text about my name.

My name is Majda. Majda is an arabic name. My mother told me that she didn't choose it. It was my mom's cousin who decide to gave me that name.

In arabic, it means "glory". I'm happy with it, and i think thaht it's a part of me and part of my personality. My friends like my name, that's because they gave me various nicknames, like "Magdalena" in Spain or "Majdou" in France.

I wouldn't want want to chang it. I feel good with it and, in my opinion, if you know who you are, you could use it to be unforgettable.

-------------

Thanks! Majda
Graham said…
Hi Majda,

We have the same problem with our names - they are difficult for the Spanish to pronounce. FOR MOST, I just pronounce it the Spanish way. I get FED UP having to explain my name.

HAVING SAID THAT, there are Spanish names I have difficulty with - Elena, Esteban, Amparo... I can't put the stress on the right syllable.

I have two English colleagues called Andrea but they have the stress on different syllables. One of them is impossible for me to get right.



I AM WRITING A text TO YOU about my name.


See you tomorrow.

Let's see if we can persuade Nacho to get started in the blog and Facebook.