Source: Wikipedia "die" (Dutch) - "that one"
Actually there are 100 people on the staff but the company hopes to expand in the near future.
(This is incorrect - "actualmente" doesnt translate as " actually") The sentence should read:
Currently there are 100 people on the staff but the company hopes to expand in the near future.
Depending on the context "actually" can translate as "now", "at present" or "nowadays".
"Actually" is used in a few different ways:
Student: This is my teacher, Graham and he's from England.
Graham: Actually, I'm from Scotland.
Here is an A - Z List of some other False Friends. And here is a list of Fickle Friends; words that are sometimes used similarly, other times not.
Look at this list of sentences that I have created. Can you decide which ones are right and correct the wrong ones?
- I'm sorry but I can't assist the class on Thursday.
- We need more staff - I can't attend to all the customers when it's busy.
- You should take some aspirin if you think you are constipated.
- She's 7 months embarrassed; the baby is due in early January.
- I just pretend that I know a lot about computing; I don't really.
- I didn't realize that the boss had the day off yesterday.
- I hope that I'm not molesting you but it is important.
- She's too sensible; she cries if anyone critisizes her.
- I can't go tomorrow as I already have a compromise.
- Appearances can be deceptive - you might be surprised.
Look through the list and create some examples with the False Friends that you discover.