Classroom Mistakes

Source: Foto de Brett Jordan en Unsplash

Here are some mistakes that I heard in the classroom this week. Can you spot them?
  1. I won't be here next week. I am going on a travel to Paris for work.
  2. I thought about it but I decided not to go at the end.
  3. You shouldn't lie. You should always say the true.
  4. Richard works in the informatic department.
  5. Now he's in charge of maintenance. He used to working in a different area.
  6. I'm afraid I'm not agree with you.
  7. I have a new about Sarah - she's going to get married.
  8. How many were here on Monday? We were three.
  9. It's inpolite to ask people how much they earn.
  10. People say that the Scots are mean but that is just a topic.
  11. Both of my fathers were born in Madrid.
  12. The trip to Bilbao by car takes about 4 hours.
  13. I don't like my actual job. I preferred my old one.
  14. People hasn't much time to study languages.
  15. I can't remember; could you say me again, please?

Comments

Montse said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Graham said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
Hi Graham! It's Inés
1. I won't be here next week. I am going to travel to Paris for work.
2. I thought about it but I decided not to go in the end.
3. You shouldn't lie. You should always tell the truth.
4. Richard works at the informatic department.
5. Now he's in charge of maintenance. He used to work in a different area.
6. I'm afraid I can't agree with you.
7. I have some news from Sarah - she's going to get married.
8. How many people were here on Monday? We were three.
9. It's impolite to ask people how much they earn.
10. People say that Scots are mean but that is just a topic.
11. Both of my parents were born in Madrid.
12. The trip to Bilbao by car took about 4 hours.
13. I don't like my current job. I prefer my old one.
14. People don't have enough time to study languages.
15. I can't remember; could you tell me again, please?
Graham said…
Hi Inés,

I've just noticed that my previous reply has disappeared. I'll have to do it all over again :-(

But it'll have to wait until tomorrow - I'm too tired now :-)
Graham said…
Hi Inés,

Fingers crossed that this message doesn't get lost in cyberspace :-)

1. I won't be here next week. I am going to travel to Paris for work. RIGHT but also
I am going on a trip to Paris...RIGHT

4. Richard works in the computing department.

6. I'm afraid I can't / don't agree with you.

7. I have some news about Sarah - she's going to get married. (from Sarah = she told me the news, about Sarah = others told me the news)

8. How many (people) were here on Monday? There were three of us.

12. The journey to Bilbao by car takes about 4 hours.

13. I don't like my current job / the job I have now. I prefer my old one.

14. People don't have enough / much time to study languages.


Well done!