The first 50 posts

Source: Elisa on Unsplash

I have been doing this blog for over ten years now. There are times when I felt like giving up but for some reason or other I never did.

I've been looking at the first 50 posts; from Sept 8th 2007 to Apr 9th 2008 (see all the posts using the Archive in the top left of the blog).

These are the posts that never received a comment:

Have you seen the film Catch Me If You Can?

The Flatmates was a fun way to improve your English.

Halloween doesn't have its origins in the United States.

We'll soon be hearing Last Christmas in the shops again.

A politician claimed the Spanish left €1 Tips for a coffee.

Advice on how to keep your New Year Resolutions.

There are controversial lines in God Save the Queen.

Pancake Day is a fun tradition in the UK.

The (lack of) Rain in Spain was a problem ten years ago too.

There was Rioting (again) in Madrid by football hooligans.

A bit of a gamble made a man wealthy.

We had Round Number One between Zapatero and Rajoy.

Are you one of those who says that "E-mail is ruining my life"?

The Vatican came up with 7 New Deadly Sins.

One April Fool's Day people believed spaghetti grew on trees.

Is this as good as your recipe for Spanish Omelette?

Big Ben turned 150.

A man with two wives was spared a speeding ban.

Spanish parents fake divorce to improve their children's chances.


Comment on one of the above posts. 

Comments

José said…
Hello Graham,



I congratulate you. I told you sometimes that your blog is the best blog to learn English. You have done good work. It’s a good frame reference because it places to whom wants to introduce in the English language world. It’s complete work because you can consider every aspect of English such as the conjugation of verb, writing, articles, phrasal verbs, meaning, grammar, pronunciation, adjective, adverb, noun and so on. It’s learning tool because you can use a lot of procedures that it offers to improve knowledges. It contains responses to all questions that you could do about English. It’s easy to use because it’s well organized. This blog helps you to develop your writing skills. It’s fun because you can see every theme of the world and, above everything, it’s professional work which will take to your success.



You mustn’t leave this plan. I enjoyed with this blog and I’m due to it very much. I know that some students don’t join it for different reasons, but they are watching it and learning English. So you are doing social labor without you know it.



See you.
Graham said…
Hi José,

As I am sure I have said before, praise me often enough and I might start believing you. LOL

I am astonished that I haven't thrown in the towel long ago. It is probably down to you that I have kept the blog going.

I won't give up as long as you make use of it.



... You have done a good job. It’s a good frame reference because it provides an opportunity to whom wants to get involved in the English language world. It's a thorough job because you can consider every aspect of English such as the conjugation of verbs, writing, articles, phrasal verbs, meaning, grammar, pronunciation, adjectives, adverbs, nouns and so on. It’s a learning tool because you can use a lot of procedures that it offers to improve your knowledge. It contains responses to all questions that you could ask about English. It’s easy to use because it’s well organized. This blog helps you to develop your writing skills. It’s fun because you can see all sorts of topics and, above all, it’s done professionally which will lead you to success.

You mustn’t leave this plan. I enjoy the blog and I owe it a lot. I know that some students don’t join it for different reasons, but they are looking at it and learning English. So you are doing social labor without knowing it.