More Verb Patterns
Which of the following sentences are right? Correct those that are wrong.
1. A: He recommended us to take the train there.
B: I wouldn't recommend eating there.
C: I bought this mobile after a friend recommended it to me.
D: Doctors recommend that we do thirty minutes of exercise every day.
2. A: We would like that you come with us.
B: I wouldn't mind to see his latest film.
C: Would you prefer sitting outside?
D: I'd much rather stay in bed than go to work today.
3. A: She denied lying on her CV.
B: They denied that they had broken any rules.
C: He denied to have cheated in the exam.
D: I refuse to fly with British Airways ever again.
4. A: Remind me to phone her tomorrow.
B: Passengers are reminded that smoking is not permitted during the flight.
C: Did you remember to lock the door?
D: I don't remember seeing her at the party.
E: I forgot to thank her for the flowers.
5. A: She apologised me for arriving late.
B: He couldn't forgive her for cheating on him.
C: Don't blame me for missing the flight.
D: My friends congratulated me for passing my test.
E: They complained for having to work so late.
6. A: You should consider to change job.
B: Can you imagine to live there?
C: My colleague asked to help him.
D: I've promised to give her a lift home.
7. A: We regret to inform you that you have not been selected for the position.
B: I regret not telling you sooner.
C: Try to think where you saw it last.
D: I have tried calling her but she never answers.
8. A: Did you let her to go with you?
B: You are not allowed to talk during the exam.
C: Tim's father made him to say sorry to his teacher,
D: My teacher told me not to worry.