Has she had her nose and chin done?

Source: infobae.com

have/get + object + past participle - like a passive form i.e. someone else does the action / have is more formal.

I neet to fix my oven. (You'll attempt to fix it yourself)

I need to get my oven fixed. It hasn't been working for ages. (You'll ask someone to fix it for you)


I should have my eyes tested again. I think I might need new glasses.

I never have my hair cut. I save some money by cutting it myself.

If you need to get something translated, I can do it for you.

My parents are always having some room in the house redecorated.

I remember how we used to get the newspapers and milk delivered to our house.

If the bags under my eyes get much worse, I'll get them removed.


Listen to the Grammar Challenge and practice the get/have something done structure here. Then create, like I have, some examples of your own.

In the first part you will have the opportunity to listen to a lesson using the construction as well as practice it.

This has been taken from the BBC Grammar Challenge page. Look at the list pf previous challenges which feature:

Comments